Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) >
USRobotics Internet Call Notification User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the ICN feature for phone calls that aren't initiated through
How can I stop the countdown during my phone call so that I don't lose
my Internet connection?
- ICN is essentially a modem-based feature. It can work only with your
modem and an Internet connection. You cannot use it to alert you of
incoming calls when you are not connected to the Internet using your
How can I automatically reject incoming calls when on the Internet?
- You cannot. Your ISP determines the length of time that you may keep
your Internet connection on hold.
How can I set my software so that my Internet connection automatically
disconnects for incoming calls?
- Disable Call Waiting functionality on your phone line before connecting
to the Internet. Check with your telephone service provider for details.
On some telephone networks, this is achieved by adding a special prefix
before your ISPís phone number in your Dial-up Networking properties.
On other networks, you would use your phone to dial a special number
and hangup to disable Call Waiting for subsequent calls. You would then
call a different number to enable it again. If you do not know this
prefix or which numbers to call, contact your telephone service provider.
- Alternatively, select the option Always Ignore Incoming Calls
(if present) as detailed in Configuring the Internet Call Notification
Since ICN is always in memory, will it slow down my computer?
- Currently, the software does not support this option. You will have
to manually press the Accept call button on the pop-up screen.
Is ICN compatible with Internet gaming?
- ICN was designed to not strain your computer's processor. When ICN
is loaded, it simply monitors the modem and nothing else.
- Some latency may be experienced solely due to the Call Waiting signal
sent by the telephone network. Unfortunately, the only way around this
problem is to disable Call Waiting when making Internet calls. Check
with your telephone service provider for instructions.
- Because of this latency, your game may time-out and you could get
- Some full-screen games do not give back access to the Windows desktop;
so, ICN will open but you will not see it.
- Some full-screen games may crash when a background process tries
to display a window.