Global Country Approvals & Accessory Kit Guide
Approved for use in over 75 countries!
Courier™ External 56K* V.92 Global Dial-up Business Modem
Click Below for Additional Views
Your Price: $279.95
Not currently available on usr.com
Availability: In Stock
Additional Power Supply
Mission critical dial-up connectivity for Business
The USRobotics® Courier® 56K Business Modem with V.Everything® and V.Everywhere® technology offers the perfect solution for both 'Out of Band Management' of networks or 'Point of Sale' applications. Many modems claim reliability, but few match the real-world performance of Courier modems. Even fewer offer the multitude of advanced business features found on this modem: global usage, Carrier Loss Redial, and Dial and Dialback Security. Remote management capabilities let you configure, set up, update or troubleshoot your modems from almost anywhere. Each Courier includes a VersaPower Kit - a 110V to 240V power supply that includes clip-on plugs for other regions, in addition a clip-on power cord adapter that can be used to make it an inline power supply is available in all Courier accessory kits. When failure is not an option, you need the world-class capabilities that only come from the top of the USRobotics product line.
Incredible Compatibility and Flexibility
- V.Everything® Technology provides support for all key communications protocols
- V.Everywhere® Technology so that one, highly reliable hardware platform supports connections with most international phone systems
- Synchronous/Asynchronous, and leased-line support
- Supports all major operating systems: DOS, Windows including Server and 64 bit, UNIX, Linux – any operating system that supports an RS-232 serial port
- VersaPower Kit (Universal power adapter) automatically handles global power variations from 100 V to 240 V and includes alternate plugs for use in other regions (N.A., Europe, the Middle East or Africa)
Integrated Multilayered Security
- Dial security:
- Autopass works with up to 79 users, and automates logging in between two Couriers by including the password in the V.42 error-control request
- Password Prompting, works with any type of modem, where the host Courier requests a password from those dialing in
- Dialback security checks incoming calls for password authorization and then dials back predefined numbers to assure only appropriate users establish connections
- Carrier Loss Redial automatically senses, redials, and re-establishes dropped remote connections – creates a virtual leased-line connection between two modems, over regular dial-up lines
- Advanced Line Probing technology finds the fastest connection and maintains connections under poor line conditions
- Brown-out Protection assures you stay connected even in areas with poor power facilities
- Robust, business-oriented design, component selection, testing, and experience to support non-stop operation
Powerful Management Tools
- Remote Management lets you configure or troubleshoot from almost anywhere
- Instant Update† automatically checks the USRobotics web site for code updates when you're online and downloads new features at your convenience
- Remote Flash capability lets you upgrade Courier modems at remote locations from a central site
** Support for 64 bit operating systems requires a driver update (available in the support section of this website).
* Capable of receiving at up to 56 Kbps and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations on power output, receiving speeds are limited to 53.3 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92 and V.90 features require compatible phone service and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). USRobotics modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
† Requires Windows operating system.
Learn about the unique and powerful Courier® Business Modem.
Today, the USR3453 Courier 56K Business Modem remains the gold standard among modems for its world-class performance, reliability, and features. Get the details!
Learn about new V.92 technology, features, and software upgrades.
Compare modem features to find the best mix for your computing needs with our modem comparison matrix.
Find drivers, upgrades, and other support materials and information to keep you connected.