56K* USB Controller Dial-up External Faxmodem with Voice‡
Click Below for Additional Views
Your Price: $65.99
Availability: In Stock
Specifications & Standards
- Data: V.92, V.90, V.34, V.32bis, V.32, V.22bis, V.22, V.23, and V.21
- Data Error Control/Compression: V.44/V.42/V42bis and MNP2-4/5
- Fax: EIA 578 (Class 1) with V.17, V.29, V.27ter, Group 3
- ITU-T V.253 Command Set
- V.80 video conferencing support
- DTE interface: USB Version 2.0
- USB powered
- Typical current from USB supply = 240 mA (1.2W)
- Maximum current from USB supply = 360 mA (1.8W)
- Hayes Compatible
- 2 LEDs: Power, Data
- Phone line interface: One RJ-11 socket
- Caller ID support (requires service from your local phone company; Caller ID may not be supported in some countries)
- Operating Temperature conditions: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Non-Operating Temperature conditions: -20 to 70 degrees C
- Humidity: Operating Humidity conditions:
- 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Non-Operating Humidity conditions: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- FCC approved
- IC approved
- UL/CUL listed
- 7.88 x 6 x 1.38 in (19.7 x 15.3 x 3.5 cm)
- .5 lb / .23 kg
- 3.88 x 1.5 x .88 in (9.86 x 3.81 x 2.24cm)
- 0.26 lb (0.12 kg)
- Retail box: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish
- Installation guide: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish
- CD ROM User Guide: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows® Server 2019/Server 2016/Server 2012 R2/Win 10/Win 10 64 bit/Server 2012/Win 8/Server 2011/Win 7/Server 2008/Vista™/Server 2003/XP/2000 (Unimodem TSP/TAPI compliant), Mac 10.4-10.12§, and Linux 2.4.20 kernel or higher
- Intel Pentium III 600 MHz or equivalent, 128 MB RAM, 5 MB hard drive space
- USB port
- 2x or better CD-ROM drive
- Analogue phone line
- USR 56K* USB Modem
- RJ11 Phone cord
- Quick Installation Guide
- Installation Essentials CD-ROM: drivers for Windows/Macintosh/Linux, user's guide, data/fax software (Windows only), and USR Modem on Hold application (software requires Windows 2000 or higher)
* Capable of receiving at up to 56 Kbps and sending at up to 48 Kbps (or 31.2 Kbps with V.90 server). Due to FCC regulations on power output, receiving speeds are limited to 53.3 Kbps. Actual speeds may vary. V.92, V.90, and V.22 features require compatible phone service and support from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). USR modems featuring V.92 enhancements are backward compatible and will negotiate the highest possible speed when connecting to an ISP.
Call Waiting service required for using USR Modem on Hold application and Modem on Hold. Call Waiting/Caller ID service required for utilizing Caller ID capability.
Voice features require voice firmware available at www.usr.com/support/5637. Voice messaging requires additional third party software. Software included with the product enables data/fax support only. Voice features are available on Windows 10 after installing the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3206632).
§ Fax features no longer supported in macOS Sierra Version 10.12.
Controller-based, controllerless or softmodem? 33.6 modem or 56K modem? What's the difference? USRobotics will show you how modems work so you can pick the one you need.
Learn about new V.92 technology, features, and software upgrades.
Find drivers, upgrades, and other support materials and information to keep you connected.