Configuring Your Broadband Router for use with the Courier I Modem
- Connect your serial cable to your Courier I Modem and to the COM port on the broadband router. Make sure the modem is powered on.
- Go to the Configuration Utility and click Primary Setup. Click Change and select the WAN type as Dialup Network.
- Enter the appropriate information for your analog connection. In the Extra Settings field, refer to the table below for the appropriate setting:
Note: Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for your specific protocol or access the Analog Glossary for protocol definitions.
- In the Baud Rate field, select the setting 230400 from the drop-down box for maximum throughput capabilities.
- Click Save and reboot the broadband router. Click Dial-up to initiate a dial-up session with your ISP. The peripheral status will display whether or not the call was successful. If the settings are correct, the Courier I Modem will connect to the Internet. If you cannot connect to the Internet, verify you have entered all the correct values in the Primary Setup page before connecting to the Internet again.