Sharing a USR8000A-02 or USR8022 print server with Macintosh Operating Systems
Note: The following requirements must be met before establishing print server functionality for use with your USR8000A-02 or USR8022 router:
- Mac OS 7.6x or Mac OS 8.1 or later
- LaserWriter driver version 8.5.1 or later
- Desktop Printer Spooler 2.1 extension or later
- Desktop Print Monitor 2.1 extension or later
- Desktop Printer Utility 1.0 or later
- PostScript Compatible Printer attached to the NAT router
To print using your USR8000A-02 or USR8022 router on the Macintosh platform, follow the instuctions below:
- Locate the Desktop Printer Utility (usually located in the Apple Extras folder on your hard drive) and select Printer (LPR).
- Click OK.
- Change the Postscript Printer Description (PPD) file to match your printer. The PPD file should have come with your printer software. If not, contact the manufacturer of your print device.
- Under Internet Printer, select Change and click OK.
- Enter the Local Area Network (LAN) IP Address of the NAT router (the default is 192.168.123.254).
- Select Enter.
- Select lp in the queue name field.
- Click Verify and click OK.
- Go to the File Menu and select Save.
- Enter a name and location for the desktop printer icon and click OK.
- Set your printing options by highlighting the Desktop Printer icon and select Change Setup from the Printing Menu.