Frequently Asked Questions
USRobotics Internet Call Notification User Guide
In order to take full advantage of the features previously mentioned, you
need to install the USRobotics Internet Call Notification (ICN) software.
Once installed, the ICN program monitors for incoming calls while you are
online with your USRobotics V.92 modem.
The requirements for your PC are as follows:
- 32 MB of RAM or higher
- Pentium® processor, 166 MHz or faster
- Microsoft® Windows 95 (with Internet Explorer 4 or higher), Windows
98, Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, or Windows 2000
- 2x or better CD-ROM drive
To install the software, make sure your USRobotics modem is installed
and working properly, then execute the following steps:
- Insert the USRobotics Installation CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Select the Setup Language
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the Installation CD language.
- Click on Software.
- Click on U.S.Robotics Internet Call Notification.
- Click on Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided in the various dialog
boxes that will appear.
Setting Up Your PC for Internet Call Notification
To set up your computer for the Internet Call Notification (ICN) feature,
make sure that the ICN icon is located in your system tray. The system tray
will be to the right of your Windows taskbar, where the clock is located.
After a successful installation, the icon should be present in the system
To make the ICN icon appear on the system tray:
To remove the ICN icon from your system tray:
- Click the Microsoft Start button on your Windows taskbar.
- Select Programs, USRobotics, Internet Call Notification.
This will load the ICN program.
- The ICN icon should now be located in the system tray to the
left of the clock.
- Right click the ICN icon in the system tray.
- Select Exit from the drop-down menu. The icon will disappear.
Configuring the Internet Call Notification Feature
To configure the ICN feature to your specific needs, complete the following
- Open the ICN program window by double-clicking on the system tray
- Click the Menu icon (in the top left corner).
- Select (check) the options you would like to use:
- Always on Top: displays the ICN window, when it opens, on
top of all of the other open windows on your desktop, including the
- Call Notification Sound: notifies you of incoming calls with
an audible sound as well as the display of the ICN pop-up window.
- Autoload (recommended setting): automatically loads the ICN
applet every time you start your computer.
- Always Ignore Incoming Calls: ignores incoming calls. Note
that this option is not yet available at the time of this document's